All-in-one data recovery, partition manager and data backup.
Latest Version Overview
DiskGenius Free is feature-rich software that can help you recover lost files from various storage devices, manage partitions, create backups, etc. The following features have made this software very popular with everyone around the world.
Table of Contents
Key Features and Highlights
Fast Data recovery
These data recovery functions are effective, and users can easily get back files that are lost due to accidental deletion, formatting, RAW drive, partition loss, Windows crash, bad sectors etc.
It recovers from hard drives, external HD, USB flash drives, memory cards, pen sticks, virtual disks, Windows Storage Space, RAID, dynamic disks, etc.
Analyze RAW Data
A hex editor is built in the software, which enables advanced users to analyze RAW data and deal with complicated data loss issues.
Excellent Partition Manager
DiskGenius is also an excellent partition manager and it can help users create, format, resize, extend, and split partition, supporting NTFS, FAT32. exFAT, EXT4, EXT3, and EXT2 drives.
Besides, It allows users to convert GPT/MBR, convert dynamic disk to basic, or convert virtual disk format without data loss.
Secure Data Backup
Apart from recovering data and resizing the partition, DiskGenius full version can also create backups. For example, backup any partition to an image file (incremental backup is supported), clone disk (to a smaller SSD), clone partition, create sector-by-sector disk/partition cloning, backup partition table, etc.
Migrating Windows to HDD/SSD is available for the Free edition.
Disk Repair Tool
With DiskGenius Professional edition, users can also check and repair bad sectors for hard drives and USB disks, view hard drive S.M.A.R.T. information, etc.
What’s New/ Version history/ Changelog in v188.8.131.528?
- The File Recovery feature adds support for recovering OFD files by file type.
- The clicked folder itself will also be copied when copying files that are listed on the left pane through the pop-up menu.
- A message with detailed information will be displayed when system migration conditions are not met.
- The disk will be marked as read-only after disk parameters are specified to prevent improper operations from damaging data on the disk.
- The option “Change the parameters of the boot record (DBR) of each partition” is no longer displayed on the “Appoint Disk Geometry” dialog box.
- The “Recover Files By Type” feature creates hierarchical directories in the output folder according to document types.
- Optimize the compatibility with Storage Pools.
- Optimize the recovery effect of FAT32 file recovery.
- Optimize the recovery effect of exFAT file recovery.
- Optimize the file reading functionality for FAT32 partitions with damaged FAT tables.
- Fixed an issue that the Linux system might fail to boot after converting virtual disk format.
- Fixed an issue that the LVM partition structures were not displayed after converting virtual disk format.
- Fixed an issue that logical partitions couldn’t be created on read-only disks.
- Fixed an issue that in some cases the MBR disk signature was displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that in some cases the number of files of selected files might be displayed inaccurately.
- Fixed an issue in the Sector Editor feature that after file recovery the jump positioning of FAT32 directory entries was not accurate.
- Fixed an issue that the target system could not boot after migrating OS to certain NVMe drives.DiskGenius
DiskGenius 32-bit/ 64-bit System Requirement
Minimum Hardware Requirement
- Processor: 1 GHz x86 or compatible CPU
- Memory: 512MB RAM
- Hard Disk: 150MB free spaces
Supported Operating System
- Windows Support Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
- Server Support: Windows Server 2003/ 2008/ 2008 R2/ 2012/ 2012 R2/ 2016/ 2019
- OS support: 32-bit and 64-bit / x86 and x64
Supported file system
- FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, EXT2, EXT3, EXT4
|Backup and Recovery