Download ExpressVPN for PC (32/64 bit) Windows/ Mac/ Android
Big network, superfast, great security and expert VPN provider.
ExpressVPN provides a fast VPN service in 160 cities across 94 countries with easy-to-install clients for Windows, Mac OS X and Android. A wide variety of streaming media boxes and game consoles are also supported via manual configuration.
The default encryption is 256-bit using OpenVPN which should provide excellent security. It’s an outstanding choice for most VPN applications including BitTorrent and P2P.
Table of Contents
Clients are available for Windows XP and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and later, iOS 7 and later, and Android 4.2 and later. ExpressVPN can also support Linux, Kindle, Xbox, PlayStation and Apple TV though manual configuration is required.
Support Variety of VPN Protocols
- The desktop clients offer OpenVPN (UDP and TCP), L2TP and PPTP protocol options with the Windows client also having SSTP.
- Android has Open VPN (UDP and TCP) available in the app and L2TP and PPTP with manual installation.
- iOS has IPSec in the app with L2TP and PPTP available manually.
- BitTorrent and P2P file sharing is permitted across the entire ExpressVPN network.
There are surprisingly few details on the VPN website about the privacy they provide. What they do say is “… we take your online privacy and security seriously. We are guided by the principle that privacy is a fundamental right. We don’t log your online activity, and we never share your details with anyone.”
By default, all VPN connections are 256-bit encrypted. However, the default protocol is OpenVPN over UDP except for iOS and Android which use L2TP/IPsec.
Select PPTP as the protocol and use 128-bit encryption. 256-bit UDP OpenVPN offers just about the best security of all VPN protocols.
Own DNS Servers
It uses its own DNS servers. Use it automatically used when a client is starting except in the case of iOS where a DNS server must be manually configured.
Installation of VPN full version on Windows all OS and Mac OS X was straightforward. Essentially identical except Windows required the additional step of installing a TAP driver.
Once installed all that is required is to enter the activation code and then select the server you want to use. The VPN clients for Windows and Mac appear to be nearly identical.
Quick Server Selection
Select servers based on geographical region, city location or a recommended list. The recommended list is preconfigured based on your geographical location and would be a rough guide only.
To refine the best choice of server in a given country you can run tests from within ExpressVPN for PC on all available servers to determine latency (ping time) and download speed. This takes about 5-10 minutes depending on your internet speed but the results provide a useful guide.
It offers three plans, $12.95 billed monthly, six months for $59.94 or 12 months for $99.84.
All plans provide unlimited bandwidth and server switching, 24/7 support via live chat and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Any number of devices can install this app but only one desktop and mobile connection ability to connect simultaneously.
Easy Pay Method
Your online activity may not be logged but your account information necessarily has to be recorded so you can log in and manage your account.
You can pay anonymously if you so wish using BitCoin, other anonymous online payment systems or by using pre-paid cards.
Above all, if the deep anonymity of your account is not a critical issue you can pay by credit card or PayPal if you wish.
Advantage and Disadvantage
More Features and Highlights
- Install on an unusually wide range of devices including Apple TV, Xbox, Router, PlayStation and more.
- Requires manual configuration but the web documentation is excellent.
- Support BitTorrent and P2P across the network.
- Run a referral scheme where if you recommend a friend who signs up, you get 30 days free.
- All plans offer a 30-day, no-questions-asked money-back guarantee so you can trial the product without risk.
- Sign-up with a high degree of anonymity and no logs for VPN sessions.
- Support is 24/7 for 365 days.
- Quick live chat with both friendly and accurate.
ExpressVPN 64-bit/ 32-bit System Requirements
Minimum hardware requirements for the setup file
- Processor: 1 GHz Intel or AMD Dual Core Processor
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 200 MB of free space needed
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Support: Microsoft Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows XP
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11 (Big Sur), 12 (Monterey), 13 (Ventura) and later
- Android 4.2 and later
- OS support: 32-bit and 64-bit / x86 and x64
More Technical Details
|Latest Version:||ExpressVPN 12.58.0|
|Update Released:||September 7, 2023|